Water Damage & Restoration
Because water damage restoration is an emergency business, Woodlands Water Restoration is on call around the clock. In most cases, we can be at your site within one hour. Our trained restoration technicians use advanced procedures and equipment for the highest level of cleaning performance and protection for property and furnishings.
In case of a flood, the extent of property damage cannot be ascertained immediately. Invading water can not only damage walls, floors, furniture, personal items, etc. inside the house, but it can also weaken the foundation of the house. It can also affect the air quality inside the house. We take care of each and every issue arising due to the damage and handle reconstruction too.
- Pipe Burst: You should bring in experts to inspect the pipeline installed in your property because old pipelines can burst open and cause severe water damage. A pipe burst can also be caused by a tree root invading its space. A pipe burst requires immediate attention and our experts specifically trained to operate in high-pressure situations.
- Pipe Leaks: Pipe leaks are more subtle than pipe bursts. It can take days, even weeks before you realize there’s a pipe leak in your house and by then a lot of damage has already been done. Our experts will quickly and efficiently identify the source of the leak and take care of the damage already caused by it.
- Window and Roof Leaks: The type of damage caused by window and roof leaks is quite different from that caused by pipe leaks. Also, window and roof leaks are generally detected earlier, unless you have an attic. Rainwater entering the house through such leaks can damage furniture, upholstery and even walls. In case you have an attic, it could also damage the attic floor or ceiling.
- Sewage Backup: Sewage backup is one of the most unpleasant experiences imaginable. Besides the fact that it’s gross and disgusting, various health hazards and hygiene concerns are connected to it as well. We respond to sewage backup calls right away and both, clean up and sanitize the section of the house affected by it. We guarantee 100% satisfaction once we are done.
- Toilet Overflow: In terms or unpleasant experiences, toilet overflow comes a close second to sewage backup. The earlier you get in touch with us and we take care of it, the lesser the damage. You won’t have to worry about a thing, as our experts will take care of it all on your behalf.
- AC over flow: when you run you’re HVAC unit, it produces condensation and drains out in your bathroom sink or PVC vent In the attic. If that sink would ever get clogged. The AC will still produce condensation and could possibly spill over in to your bathroom and damage floors, cabinets, and other contents.
Each type of water damage requires its own set of techniques and processes, but there are certain things that remain the same. These are the steps involved in repairing water damage irrespective of the cause of damage.
- The primary concern at the beginning of every Woodlands Water Restoration case is safety. Prolonged exposure to water weakens every section of a property, including its walls, roofs and even its foundation. Before we begin work on undoing the damage, we ensure that it’s safe for you to live in and for our experts to work in.
- Once the safety concerns have been addressed, we proceed to identify the source(s) of the leak (if any) and stop further water from leaking into the house. This is key because it prevents any further damage. If leaks aren’t plugged, new water damage will occur while our experts are working on the old ones.
- With all the preliminary issues taken care of our experts proceed to develop a plan to effectively and efficiently repair the water damage, which begins with water extraction, where required. In the case of floods or pipe bursts, water extraction is essential. Unless the water is removed, it’s impossible to assess the extent of the damage.
- Certain sections of the house such as walls and floors, as well as items in the house such as furniture and upholstery can get completely damaged by prolonged exposure to water. Our team will collect and remove these things from the property to ensure that structural integrity of the property isn’t compromised and chances of mold formation are eliminated to a certain extent. Our team will also disinfect these areas and utilize drying equipment to dry them out to further reduce the chances of mold infestation.
- If the damage is particularly severe, we will monitor the section or area for a period of time to ensure it doesn’t become worse. We will also conduct a mold test to clear the area.
- Finally, we will begin the process of reconstruction.